The first month of 2017 is already gone!! We could talk about already forgotten resolutions or getting ready for Valentine’s day…. BUT it’s almost Super Bowl weekend, and that’s a great excuse for whipping up some of our game day faves!
Even if your team isn’t going to the big game (ours definitely isn’t this year…) it’s still a national holiday of sorts. No matter what your game day plan, FOOD normally plays a big part in the football watching experience. Hunter and Mama are here to help! Here’s a little round up of some of our tried and true snacks, sure to be crowd favorites no matter where you’re watching the big game.
- Our super-delicious, fresh guacamole.
Chips and dip are football staples, and guac has to be one of our favorites in the dip category. Bonus: if you’re still sticking to a clean eating resolution, this guacamole recipe will be a hit at the party AND something you can still eat! Full recipe HERE.
2. Speaking of dips… We’re still dreaming of the AMAZING bacon dip from our New Year’s Eve celebration, and this seems like the perfect excuse for some bacon-y goodness.
This is such a simple recipe, and a perfect game day treat. Just trust us, you’re about to be the most popular person at the party. Click HERE for the recipe.
3. Get out your slow cooker for this next one… we’re making meatballs! Cranberry Chipotle Meatballs, to be exact.
This recipe has been my go-to party contribution for years, and it never disappoints. Just make sure to make extra, they go really fast! Full recipe HERE.
4. Next, a game day idea if you’re looking for a little more than just a snack… Our Gameday Pizza and Wings!
Classic combo, delicious results… just takes a bit more kitchen time than the others. I’m recommending this idea if you’re hosting a small Super Bowl party yourself, or just staying home to tune in with the family. Full recipe for wings and 2 kinds of pizza is HERE.
5. Finally, if you’re looking to be the MVP of whatever party you’re attending… I have 3 words for you: S’mores. Poke. Cake.
Seriously, just think about it… everybody brings an appetizer. A bag of chips, a grocery store cheese tray. But bringing something for dessert? That’s above and beyond! And the best part is, this recipe is SO EASY! But it’s also SO GOOD that people will leave the party saying… The game was okay, but that cake!!! (Okay, maybe that’s a stretch, but you get the idea!) Recipe HERE.
There you have it… all you need for game day glory! Make one idea, or all five… but I promise you won’t be disappointed! Have a happy Super Bowl Sunday, I know we will!
Hunter and Mama